WAUWATOSA SUMMER SCHOOL
ABOUT WAUWATOSA SUMMER SCHOOL
Wauwatosa Summer School 2023
Hello Summer School Students and Families:
The Wauwatosa Health Department has issued an Air Quality Advisory that is in effect until Thursday, June 29th at noon. All summer school activities will be held inside for the next two days under these circumstances. If conditions change, we will alert you to any status update.
Summer School Coordinator
Wauwatosa Summer School is committed to working toward the Wauwatosa School District's strategic objectives through continuous improvement in student learning.
Attention: If you have submitted your enrollment application, please allow 1-2 business days for the application to be processed. Once the application is processed and approved, you will receive an email with the Activation key to create your Infinite Campus account.
- Registration for elementary and middle school students in the Wauwatosa School District and Wauwatosa residents will open Monday, April 3rd and will close April 21st.
- High School Courses and registration will be done through counseling in January and February of 2023. Changes to summer school schedules for high school students should be done through the counseling department.
- K-8 enrichment course description will be available Monday, March 27th.
- Course selection will be made via Infinite Campus.
- Currently enrolled students (including those already enrolled for 23-24) DO NOT have to enroll for summer school; Parents/Guardians will select courses via their existing Infinite Campus account.
- Non-resident families will be able to enroll and select courses on Monday, May 1st and registration will close May 12th. (registration is open to all during this time)
- If you have attended summer school before please use Infininte Campus parent portal to re-enroll for summer school.
- Families both in-district and out of district can register in-person starting on June 14th at Eisenhower, Lincoln, East and West Campuses at the respective summer school offices. The summer school offices will be open 8:00AM till Noon on 6/14 and 6/16. On 6/15 the summer school office will be open 10:00AM till Noon. Once Summer School starts on June 20th summer school office hours are 7:30AM to 12:15PM for Eisenhower and Lincoln and 7:30 to 1:00PM at East and West High Schools.
- Please note that the recreation department is not responsible for summer school registration.
2023 SUMMER SCHOOL DATES
Summer School Starts - Tuesday, June 20 AND Ends Friday, July 28, 2023.
There are no classes on Monday, July 3rd and Tuesday, July 4, 2023.
High School Classes (9-12) come in three different formats:
Traditional - five days a week (except for week one and the third week)
Hybrid - meets two days in-person and the other three days are virtual (first week is mandatory attendance)
Hybrid Health - meets all four days in-person for the first week(mandatory attendance) and then meets once a week for the other five weeks.
Online - there are no in-person scheduled classes, however in-person meetings can be scheduled by the instructor (teacher discretion)
Period One - 7:30 to 10:10AM - ten minute break
Period Two - 10:15 to 12:55PM - ten minute break
- All high school course offerings will run the full 6 weeks. Class work needs to be completed within the six weeks to receive credit.
**Any online summer courses will still run on the following schedule**
Elementary Classes(K-8) are Monday through Thursday of each week (except for Monday, June 19th, Monday, July 3rd and Tuesday, July 4th)
THERE ARE NO CLASSES ON FRIDAY FOR K-8 CLASSES
Early Morning Stretch - 7:30AM to 7:55AM
Period One - 8:00AM to 9:15AM
Period Two - 9:20AM to 10:35AM
Period Three - 10:40AM to 11:55AM
Dates for Session A for K-8 - Tuesday, June 20th to Thursday, July 6th Session B for K-8 - Monday, July 10th to Thursday, July 27th
Beginning Band Blast Off - Monday, July 31st to Friday, August 4th
Fees for out-of-district families:
K4, K5, 1st grade, and 2nd-grade Experiences (6-week course): $150
K-8 one period courses: $25 per course per session
H.S. 9-12 courses for credit:
0.5 credit $250
1.0 credit $500
Summer School Main Line:
Phone: (414) 773-3200 (main menu then select your option) PLEASE NOTE NOT ACTIVE TILL JUNE 14th, 2023
Coordinator: Stephen Oliver (414)773-3440 or email
Administrative Assistant: Colleen McDonald (414) 773-3434
Summer School Site Office Numbers:
East High School - (414) 773-3432 (available on 6/15/23 7:15AM to 1PM)
West High School - (414) 773-3434 (available on 6/14/23 7:15AM to 1PM)
Lincoln Elementary - (414) 773-3433 (available on 6/14/23 7:30AM to 12:15PM)
Eisenhower School - (414) 773-3435 (available on 6/14/23 7:30AM to 12:15PM)