Wauwatosa School District Library Services
The mission of the Wauwatosa Public Schools library media program is to provide services and support that empower students to become independent lifelong learners. By providing equitable access to information and technology our libraries support personalized student learning.
Our school libraries provide:
- A robust curated collection of fiction and nonfiction titles at each of our schools.
- Access to a virtual library of ebooks and audiobooks.
- Student access to all school library collections through district interlibrary loan.
- Makerspaces for individual and collaborative exploration using the engineering design process.
- Online access to research databases.
- Instruction to become discriminating consumers and skilled creators of information.
- A library program that supports and offers resources that are fully integrated into the district curriculum
- Collaboration with teachers to foster and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas