How to Obtain a Work Permit
With the acceptance of a job, a work permit is needed for students who are younger than 16 years old (16+ do not require a work permit).
Work permits may be obtained from the Tosa East main office between 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. The following items are needed:
- Letter from the employer on the employer's letterhead, stating that the student has been hired as well as the job duties the minor has been hired to perform.
- Parent permission letter that must include minor's name, address, and telephone number.
- Proof of age (birth or baptismal certificate, valid driver’s license, valid state ID, or valid passport)
- Original Social Security card
- $10.00 fee (cash or check, made out to Wauwatosa East High School)
For more information, please visit the Department of Workforce Development.