Why Wauwatosa School District?
- We're a high achieving, forward-thinking, and richly diverse public school district serving about 7,200 students in K-12.
- We're committed to equity and making sure ALL students succeed.
- We value the diversity of our students and staff. Students of color make up 34% of our
- We believe relationships are at the core of success for our students and staff.
- We're guided by our focus on equity and our five-year strategic plan.
- We have strong support from our community and parents. In 2018, the community approved a $124.9 million facilities referendum to make improvements at all of our district schools and our Education Foundation of Wauwatosa has awarded more than $700,000 in grants to Wauwatosa teachers over the past 28 years.
- In 2017, the Washington Post named both of our high schools on its “America’s Most Challenging High Schools” list. The U.S. News and World Report has repeatedly recognized Wauwatosa East High School as one of the Top 25 High Schools in the state and our District has routinely “Exceeded Expectations” on state Report Cards issued by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
Read more about our District profile here.
We Equip & Support You For Success
- Time is dedicated during the school day for your professional learning and collaboration with a building mentor and peers.
- Improve your knowledge and skills with on-going coaching and feedback to help you meet student needs, including focused support for equitable teaching practices from Equity Coaching Staff.
- Classrooms are integrated with technology.
We Provide Opportunities to Connect
- District Staff Of Color Affinity Group
- Student Of Color Mentorship Groups
- District Equity Team
- District Raising Achievement & Cultural Excellence Network
- Wellness Committee
What salary and benefits do we offer?
*Salaries noted above are snapshots and not a guarantee of future salary.
- Read about how you can grow your career and salary through our Teacher Career Ladder.
- We offer more than a paycheck. Check out our dental, health, and post-employment benefits that are hard to beat.
Why live in Wauwatosa?
Our neighborhood schools are nestled in the charming suburb of Wauwatosa, about 10-15 minutes west of downtown Milwaukee and the shores of Lake Michigan. With a population of roughly 47,000 people, Wauwatosa residents enjoy the warmth and charm of a small town, with all the metropolitan amenities you could ask for just minutes from your doorstep, including; professional sporting events, college athletics, performing arts, cultural activities, and convenient and robust shopping and restaurants.
Our high-quality schools attract people to the area and the small, connected neighborhoods and abundant public celebrations and community events create a true sense of belonging and a desire to stay and grow in the community.
Additionally, Wauwatosa is home to nationally recognized medical facilities, medical colleges, and global corporations. Our business neighbors offer unique, world-class relationships that benefit the education of our students.
Check out the City of Wauwatosa's Resident Guide here.