Employment and Volunteer Opportunities

  • FAQ Part-Time Employment

    How do I apply online?
    To apply online, go to the online Employment Application


    What if I stop the online application and want to come back to it later?
    Your application is not saved until you click the final SUBMIT button.  If you do not complete the online application, you can begin again later.


    What if I make a mistake on the Online Application and click the SUBMIT button?
    Start over and re-submit an Online Application.  If the change is a minor one, contact the Recreation Department, (414)773-2900, and we will make the change for you.


    I would like to apply for more than one position.  What should I do?
    To apply for more that one position, you may submit ONE employment application.


    Can I check on the status of my application after it is submitted?
    Contact the Recreation Department (414)773-2900 or tosarec@wauwatosa.k12.wi.us.


    Do I need a work permit?  Where do I obtain a work permit?
    If you are under 16 years of age, you will need to apply for a work permit.  Go to the Guidance Office of your high school.  You will need a form from the Recreation Department, stating the type of work and hours of work, as well as your social security card.  A work permit costs $10.00.  You will reimbursed on your first paycheck.