Course Change Request Parameters
Changes will be considered for the following reasons only:
- If a student needs to change levels (for example, math level should be adjusted higher or lower to meet the student’s needs).
- If a course has been eliminated due to low enrollment.
- A conflict exists in the student schedule that prevents them from taking one or more of the classes they selected during the registration process.
- A student was mistakenly scheduled into an incorrect class.
- The Student Services Team deems that a schedule change is in the best interest of the student.
- A student was placed on a waitlist for a closed class and a seat became available.
The following are examples of reasons to change a course selection that are no longer honored:
- The student failed to complete required summer work for an Advanced Placement course they selected.
- The student was not able to complete the summer school class(es) they registered to take.
- The student would like to drop a class selected because of a change in interests.
- The student is not happy with the assigned lunch period.
- The student would like to change teachers.
- The student would like to be in classes with friends.
- The student would like to change elective classes.
- The student would like to have certain classes scheduled during particular times of the day (for example; I do better when I have Math first thing in the morning).