Lincoln Elementary school serves the neighborhoods of Damon Woods, Historic Heights, Wauwatosa Village, and Olde Hillcrest.
Our neighborhoods are walking distance to our elementary, middle, and high school - within a 1/2 mile radius of each other.
Lincoln is has a culture and community committed to healthy living! We are an official "Green and Healthy" School, as recognized by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI) and students and staff also enjoy a Certified Butterfly Garden on the Monarch Trail.
When it comes to academics, our Overall Achievement score 'Significantly Exceeds Expectations' consistently on the State Report Card issued by the Department of Public Instruction.
And, in the 2016-2017 school year, the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction recognized Lincoln as a Bronze Level Wisconsin RtI Recognized School for our work to create a culturally responsive, multi-level system of support to meet the needs of ALL students.
Additional Noteworthy Achievements:
- Ranked #20 by "The 50 Best American Public Elementary Schools in America" list.
- The popular site Niche.com gave our school the grade of "A".
- We are rated 10 out of 10 by Zillow.com
- Students from our school competed at the Global Competition through Destination Imagination.
- We are an official Little Free Library participant.
- We are proud to have teachers who have been Kohl's Fellowship recipients.
School-Specific Engagement Opportunities:
- Yearly all-school theme: 2017-18 'SPARK of Wonder'
- Fall Harvest Celebration and Parade
- We participate in monthly Service Projects
- Partner with local businesses for fundraising
- Many Field trip opportunities including overnight camping for our 5th graders
- Principal Coffee Chats
- Family Dance
- Family BBQ
- Annual High-Interest Day
Serves: Grades JK-5
Number of Students: 303
Number of Staff: 42
SK-5: 8:20 AM - 3:20 PM
JK AM: 8:20 - 10:55 AM
JK PM: 12:30 - 3:20 PM
*Wednesdays release one hour earlier in the afternoon